EXISTING online banking user instructions:
On May 1st after 9:00 a.m., complete the following to continue use of your online banking account:
- First-Time Logon ID enter your Member Number
- First-Time password enter the last 4 digits of the primary member’s SSN# (Social Security Number)
- Choose a NEW Online ID
- Choose a NEW Password (your “current password” is the last 4 of your SSN#)
If their PERSONAL watermark is not correct: Username was entered incorrectly.
You will be prompted to create a new unique Login ID:
- Online Banking ID is NOT case sensitive.
- Must be between 8 and 20 characters.
- Must start with a letter (i.e. Good: JSmith10 | Bad: 10JSmith) – ID’s cannot use a number as the first character but can contain numbers otherwise.
- Cannot contain special characters: (i.e. ! @ # $ % ^ & * _ – +)
You will be prompted to create a new password:
- Must be between 4 and 20 characters in length.
- May contain special characters (i.e. ! # $ % ^ & *)
- Must contain at least 2 numbers.
- Cannot match or include your online banking ID (i.e. If your user ID is JSmith10, your password cannot be ‘smith’)
After 6 invalid attempts to login – your account will lock.
If member’s cant get to the website, have them clear their browser cache & cookies. If you need more detailed instructions on how to do that, use the guide below:
- If it is not working – DO NOT re-enroll.
- Members will have access to their past 12 month statements under the ‘eStatement’ tab on the main page.
- Bill Pay should automatically connect. All payees from before should be transferred over to their new online banking portal.
- Cannot access or login to Bill Pay? MUST CALL BILLPAY: 866.799.8387
NEW Online banking users will experience a BLOCKOUT period from April 19, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to May 14, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
On May 14th after 9:00 a.m., complete the following to access your online banking account:
- Select “First Time User”
- Follow the steps by filling in information about your membership. Have ready the primary account holder’s membership number, social security number, and email address.
- Follow the remaining enrollment instructions on the screen to create your online profile.
Once enrolled, you will gain access and be able to view your account balances, make transfers, and use Bill Pay.
Existing users may continue to use the app beginning May 1, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. after following the initial Logon ID instructions for existing users. NEW mobile banking users: Once you have completed the Online Banking registration, you can download the Cardinal Mobile App from your device’s app store, and register with your newly created Online Banking credentials.
As of April 15th, Telephone Banking will no longer be available.
What is NOT CHANGING after the Technology Upgrade?
Your member number, checks, credit cards, debit cards, and PIN numbers
Cardinal’s Routing Number: 241280430
All scheduled ACH, transfers, and bill payments will not be affected if they were scheduled prior to the technology upgrade
Pre-authorized payments and direct deposits
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I access Cardinal ATMs and use my Cardinal Debit and VISA credit card during the technology upgrade?
Yes, you will be able to access Cardinal ATMs during the upgrade. Your debit and/or credit cards will function normally. You may experience some service interruptions.
Q: Do I need to order a new Debit or VISA credit card after the upgrade?
No, you do not need to order a new card.
Q: Will my direct deposit or automatic payments continue after the upgrade?
Yes, Direct Deposits (including payroll deposits, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, or other electronic deposits) and existing automatic payments to or from your Cardinal accounts, will continue to be processed as usual.
Q: Will Online Bill Pay be available during the technology upgrade?
Online Bill Pay will be temporarily unavailable. You will not have access to pay bills or to add, modify, and/or delete Bill Pay payees starting Friday, April 27th at 12:00 p.m. Service will resume on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Q: What if I have an Online Bill payment scheduled during the technology upgrade?
Any previously scheduled bill payments prior to April 27th at 12:00 p.m. will be processed as usual. Bill payments CANNOT be scheduled during the upgrade period — Friday, April 27th through Monday, April 30th. You will be able to schedule payments again beginning Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Q: Will I need to re-enter any of my Online Bill Pay information after the technology upgrade?
No, your Bill Pay payee information will be carried over to our new system.
Q: Are any of my account numbers changing?
No, your account number(s) will not change.
Q: Do I need to order new checks?
No, you will not need to order new checks. Your checks will continue to work.
Q: Will my account statement change?
Members will continue to receive an account statement. The account statement will look very similar with a few modifications after the upgrade.
Q: Do I need to re-enroll in eStatements?
If you are currently enrolled to receive eStatements, you will continue to receive electronic statements after the technology upgrade.